Te Hoe 1
This course is a 10-hour introductory Māori language course for students with no knowledge of Te Reo Māori or Tikanga Māori, where you'll acquire very basic skills in pronunciation and introductory phrases.
You will learn to pronounce Te Reo Māori with some confidence, participate in karakia, himene and waiata, understand basic Tikanga Māori and learn basic greetings, farewells and numbers.
- Pronounce Te Reo Māori with some confidence
- Participate in karakia, himene and waiata
- Understand basic tikanga Māori
- Understand and produce basic greetings, farewells and numbers
Please note: You will be charged an associated external fee (if applicable) plus a portion of the compulsory Student Services Levy that supports our services available to students. For full information on the compulsory Student Services Levy, visit fees and finance.
How to Apply
If there is a green "View Dates & Apply" button near the top right hand of this page:
- click on the button
- select the relevant course option
- click "apply"
- fill in the online form and click "submit"
If there is no green "View Dates & Apply" button near the top right hand of this page: