Integrated Short Course – Physiological Childbirth
Meet Midwifery Council requirements to return to practice or update your theoretical knowledge of physiological birth.
If you’re a qualified midwife but you haven’t practiced for between five years and 10 years, this course will equip you with the theoretical knowledge relating to pregnancy, physiological birth and the postnatal period required to achieve the Midwifery Council of New Zealand’s Competencies for Entry to the Register of Midwives. You may also complete this course if you’re a New Zealand midwife with an Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) and you want to update your knowledge.
The course has been approved by the Midwifery Council of New Zealand as continuing midwifery education and is allocated 100 learning hours.
How to Apply
You can apply to study this short course using our Application and Enrolment paper form. For more information please contact email@example.com
You are able to start this course at any time during the year. However, it must be completed within 26 weeks from enrolment. It is anticipated that you will need to spend at least four hours per week working through the modules to enable you to complete the course requirements within 26 weeks.
This course is assessed by an on-line exam.
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of normal physiological and psychological adaptation in pregnancy, birth and postnatal period
- discuss essential components of antenatal, labour, birth and postnatal care using the framework of the midwifery decision points and evidence for practice, including screening options and routine testing for women and identifying deviation from the norm
- identify and provide evidence informed care tailored to the need of the woman during pregnancy, labour, birth and the postnatal period
- describe the midwife's role with regard to professional standards, competencies, and legal issues
Please note: You will be charged an associated external fee (if applicable) plus a portion of the compulsory Student Services Levy that supports our services available to students. For full information on the compulsory Student Services Levy, visit fees and finance.
How to Apply
If there is a green "View Dates & Apply" button near the top right hand of this page:
- click on the button
- select the relevant course option
- click "apply"
- fill in the online form and click "submit"
If there is no green "View Dates & Apply" button near the top right hand of this page: