Reading and Writing Skills for Adult Learners
Improve your reading, writing and spelling for employment or further study with this free daytime or evening course.
Please note that you must be a fluent speaker of English to attend this course. Enrolments may be accepted after the start date, if places are still available.
For assistance please ring 0800 24 24 76 and ask for Adult Literacy.
- Select appropriate texts and reading for enjoyment and purpose from a limited range of genres.
- Write basic sentences with correct spelling and punctuation.
- Learn new ways to spell correctly and recognise basic spelling errors.
Please note: You will be charged an associated external fee (if applicable) plus a portion of the compulsory Student Services Levy that supports our services available to students. For full information on the compulsory Student Services Levy, visit fees and finance.
How to Apply
If there is a green "View Dates & Apply" button near the top right hand of this page:
- click on the button
- select the relevant course option
- click "apply"
- fill in the online form and click "submit"
If there is no green "View Dates & Apply" button near the top right hand of this page: